While I am notoriously an enthusiastic librarian, you may not know that I am also an enthusiastic writer. See below for my current and past projects. Contact me for any commissions or inquiries.
Middle Grade Contemporary novel, 46k words
FREAKY FRIDAY x A DOG’S PURPOSE
Charlie is a rescue dog with a mysterious past.
Izzy is a 12yo vlogger whose dad just died.
When Izzy wakes up in Charlie’s body, she must navigate a new world. A world where she’s a dog. And a world where her dad is gone.
Features: queer representation, mental health topics, animal psychology
Middle Grade Fantasy/Adventure
The Other Twin
YA Rom Com
Creative Writing Awards
- Wetlands, 3rd place winner of the 2014 Dorothy Shoemaker Literary Awards for Prose
- Someone said early October, Honorary Mention in the 2014 Dorothy Shoemaker Literary Awards for Poetry
Library Related Writing
I am available for library related writing commissions, including expanded versions of my existing blog posts, or articles/chapters on the following topics: public libraries, youth services, storytimes, reluctant readers, engaging teens, reader’s advisory, or virtual programming.
- Author of “Virtual Storytime and Circle Time: 15 Tips To Make a Dynamic Video” published by School Library Journal, 6 April 2020
- Author of “Spice up your reader’s advisory with ‘Blind Date with a Book,” published by Oxford University Press Libraries, 12 February 2017
- Interviewed in the book Library Programs and Services for New Adults, by Kyla Hunt
- Interviewed by American Libraries Magazine for the article “Libraries On Lockdown: Escape rooms, a breakout trend in youth programming,” September 1 2016