It is a truth universally acknowledged that a person in possession of an MLIS must be in want of every library related article ever written. Evidently, this means that people are always sending me articles, comics, and infographics full of library love. People love to send me library stuff, and I love to get it! True to my innate librarian-ness, I’ve decided to collect and organize those articles in one place. Hopefully this page grows into a helpful resource for people writing blog posts and assignments on library culture. Feel free to leave your favourite library articles in the comment section, and I’ll add them to my list.
Feel Good Stuff (people who love libraries and want everyone to know about it)
- Love Letters To Libraries: a collection of letters and comics written by famous authors about the influence libraries had on their lives.
- Neil Gaiman: Why Our Future Depends on Libraries, Reading and Daydreaming
- Meanwhile, The San Francisco Library by Wendy MacNaughton: an amazing, evocative series of illustrations depicting the value and use of the San Fran public library.
- 23 Reasons Why Your Library is the Most Important Place In Town
- Huffington Post’s 10 Reasons You Should Use the Library Every Day
Reports on Library Use
- Book News: Happiness Study Says Library Trips Are As Good As a Pay Raise
- Government of Ontario Public Library Statistics
Libraries Vs. Google
Cool Libraries Around The World